1. Blog more. There have been a few too many dust bunnies rolling around this blog for the last few months!
2. Play less stupid timewasting games on the iPad. Bejewelled has got to go. After I got myself off it for a few months, I have become addicted again over the Christmas holidays. Spelltower has also been a bit distracting, but at least I can pretend it's slightly educational and ask the kids to help me find words (you know, it's a bit like Boggle...).
3. Finish chronological Bible reading plan that I started a long time ago. I'm up to Lamentations now. Feels like the New Testament is getting closer, but there's still a lot of Ezekiel to get through before that...
4. Eat better. I've managed to keep up with exercising over the past twelve months (2-3 good long walks per week) but I've fallen back into the trap of too many sweet treats and I can feel the weight creeping back up.
5. Enjoy work opportunities that come my way rather than stress out about them. Towards the end of last year, I resigned from my permanent part time job and am on the casual contract merry-go-round picking up different things here and there. I am about to do five weeks of filling in at my old Child Development services position working with kids and families (while they wait for the new person to start) and then I am going to be working in acute medical and surgical wards at a hospital for a few months. It's been about twenty years since I last did that, although I think that the experience I had working with older people in rehab last year will be helpful. It's good to have the chance to try out some different caseloads and see if there's somewhere else I enjoy working.
6. Learn how to use my camera properly and get some of my photos off the computer and on display!
There, that should do it...how about you guys (if there's any of you still out there reading?). What plans do you have for 2014?
Image from here.