Wednesday, June 8, 2011

So much to do....so little time...

I have book club on Friday night. I got the book today. I am working tomorrow and Friday, and going out for coffee tomorrow night. I think I will be reading it in the middle of the night if I am going to get it finished.

I got the Mad Men DVD working again, so I am also busy watching many episodes of that. Although at least I have it for three weeks from the local library so I have a bit more time to watch it. Hoping for a rainy long weekend this weekend so I can watch lots more episodes.

Kids are busy practising speeches for school public speaking competition. I wish they were more responsive to the feedback they receive. I feel like a broken record saying the same thing over and over again.

Need to work on tact and diplomacy skills for tomorrow night's coffee evening. A couple of other women from church want to discuss the recent sermons at church on men's and women's roles. My understanding is that I have been approached to participate in this discussion because my thoughts might differ slightly from those presented in the sermons. How to maintain respect for all involved is the challenge. I do actually think it's good to hear different points of view presented because it makes me think more and read my Bible more to get a clear idea of my own beliefs on a topic. The thing is, I'm a bit tongue tied when it comes to explaining stuff to other people.

A few extra hours in the next couple of days wouldn't go astray, I am thinking.

I want to blog about the banana diet I was reading about in last weekend's newspaper but it looks like that will have to wait a bit longer.

No comments: