Saturday, July 2, 2011

5 things I love about conferences

1. New ideas.
2. Being inspired by amazing thinkers.
3. Not having to think about what food to take for lunch.
4. Freebies. The kids were excited to score a new brain each (the squeezy toy advertising some working memory rehabilitation product).
5. Hearing how people are still reading the single article I've had published. It's just over nine years since it was published so I thought it was probably dead as a doornail by now. But it got a couple of mentions. One presenter told me when I introduced myself to her that she first found it only a couple of months ago and it gave her a bit of a lightbulb moment for her own thinking. That's kind of cool. I think I should write something else for publication. Think I can manage it before I go on leave....maybe....

No comments: