Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My baby is turning one on Friday

Now that he's walking, he seems to have turned into a toddler in the twinkling of an eye. My breastfeeding days are coming to an end. This week, he decided he didn't want a feed before bed at night anymore so he is down to just one feed in the morning. And he's not so keen to just sit and be cuddled now. He is a child who wants to be on the move....constantly.

We are having a party for him on Saturday. After months and months of no rain the big drought-breaking day of rain is heading our way on....you guessed it, Saturday. I think our pool party plans may need a re-think. Hopefully people will still come. RSVPs haven't exactly been flowing in so far but we would love for a few people to turn up and celebrate with us.

It's our last time celebrating a first birthday for one of our own children. I feel a bit sad about it actually. I hope I don't end up crying.


5 comments:

Nicole said...

I can SO relate! He sounds a lot like my one year old.

I hope the celebrations go well - and you don't feel too sad! :)

Andrew said...

Our little one turned one a month ago and changed so quickly. She was just a little loveable potplant with eyes a couple of months ago (that is she couldn't move) but now she is up and about everywhere. On the couch, on the chairs, in the bathroom. Have fun.

Petrina said...

Happy birthday to your little man :)

Karen said...

Thanks everyone :)

Yes, this new age of increased mobility has so many new challenges. I know it's just a phase they go through but all the moving around also leads to lots of stuff being relocated and unpacked!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to your littlest man! That year has gone super quick.