Monday, November 5, 2012

Ukulele duo


Aidan has started learning to play the ukulele at school. Exciting times.

So far we can play Amazing Grace and Rock Around the Clock together. He's still building up speed on the chord changes so we're a bit slow, but we haven't been doing lots of practice either.

I've been wondering whether I could ask to go along to a couple of their lunchtime music practices so I can learn something as well. I don't think it will get off the ground though. I don't know the school music teacher too well. He seems okay, but you never know when teachers are thinking that the parents are being a bit too pushy and overenthusiastic. But the presence of two toddlers wanting food closely followed by sleep at the same time as school lunchtime is probably the killer blow to the plan.

No comments: