- Buying the more expensive bread flour makes a big difference.
- Keep everything warm, have the oven on low heat while the dough rises, use a warm bowl and warm hands for kneading. The yeast doesn't work if it's too hot or cold.
- Kneading is very therapeutic.
- Kids enjoy punching down the dough after it's risen.
- The end product tastes much better than the equivalent from the supermarket.
But the bread turned out really well and it was really yummy with the creamy cauliflower and bacon soup that Chris made for dinner.