Sunday, November 27, 2011

Looking forward to...

...the return of "It's A Knockout" on television tonight.

Sad, I know. But I think it might be a bit funny.

On reflection, I think I'm watching a bit too much television at the moment. After reading "Don't Waste Your Life," this makes me feel guilty. It would be much better to be able to say that while breastfeeding, I've spent time reading the Bible and catching up on my quiet times. Watching mindless entertainment on the television isn't a great use of time.

I keep telling myself this is only for a limited season of my life. But it is a wasted opportunity in some ways. And when extreme tiredness kicks in and it's the middle of the night, it's easy to revert back to the mindless entertainment....

4 comments:

Helen said...

Mindless entertainment was all I could manage to keep myself awake in the middle of the night...I usually had a toddler to deal with during the day/evening so TV wasn't an option.

Peter and I were excited about It's a Knockout too - then between trying to get H and L bathed and bedded and everything cleaned up, I forgot!

Meredith said...

I reckon keep telling yourself this is only for a limited season of your life. Be gentle on yourself. Deal with the big stuff when everyone is sleeping through the night.

Deb L said...

Watching something fun in the middle of the night enabled me to get up to small children without bitterness. That's a good thing. And it's not a "waste" to be feeding a child. Don't feel you have to add other "virtues" on top of that to make it a worthwhile thing. You are already doing something grand - if you can smile a little and stay awake while you do it, so much the better.

Sarah said...

I'm reading Don't Waste Your Life at the moment and I'm realising that books like that can very easily send you on a huge guilt trip.

Don't be so hard on yourself. As Meredith said, it's only for a limited season. If I was in your shoes, I would probably watch TV too.