Friday, March 16, 2012

The Murder of Jesus

Book Chat Term 1 happens next Saturday. For the past week I've been reading the book. Nearly two thirds of the way through it now.

It is a fantastic read. I've never said this about a Christian book before (sad, but true...) but this truly is a book that is "hard to put down." It was a bit difficult to get started on, but once I was into the story I just wanted to keep reading and reading. The way Macarthur weaves together the different Gospel accounts (and draws on Old Testament prophecy as well) is brilliant.

If you've had this one sitting on your shelf for a while (it was first published in 2004 around the time when the movie The Passion of the Christ was getting lots of attention), get it out and read it. It's not as easy to buy these days, although you can try here, it only costs $14 with free postage. It's also available as an ebook for even less.

It's a really good book to read as Easter approaches. A sobering reminder of what Jesus went through to save us from sin and death.

I'm hoping other people enjoyed reading it too. I'm going to make hot cross buns for afternoon tea to go with all the Easter discussion.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I feel "bare" without my old book club. We changed churches at the start of last year and I haven't felt enough of an "insider" yet to do it at the new church.