Friday, March 23, 2012

Struggling with change

Normally, I like trying new things. When I see that change needs to happen, I will generally have some ideas (not immediately, but after some reflection time) on how to make something better than it currently is, and want to be involved. Speaking in the language of Rogers' Diffusion of Innovations theory, I don't think I'm in the "innovator" category, but certainly I perceive myself as being in the "early adopter" or at least "early majority" crowd.

But I'm struggling with a change that's happening at present. I think it's because I feel like there hasn't been enough consultation about where we want to see things heading. Hopefully consultation will come in the next few months and it's just me being not patient enough now.

I've probably said more than I should here. It might offend some people. But it's how I feel.

Or maybe others are more on-board with this than me. Maybe I'm just more of a "laggard" than I thought I was. I need to pray that I will be open to new ideas and that I will be more patient (a prayer I've prayed many times before) and wait for God's timing rather than mine.

No comments: