Wednesday, April 4, 2012

About that panel beater we never wanted to see again...

Back we go tomorrow with the silver bullet bus.

I just smashed up the front passenger door on a low post (one of those ones with a cable string attached to it) when I was turning into the carpark at the University library tonight. I turned hard left too soon as I was coming in and didn't even see it until I heard that sickening sound of metal crunching. Well, I didn't even see it then. To start with, I didn't have a clue what I'd done. I was sitting there feeling pretty freaked out and I actually had to get out of the car to see what had happened.

I couldn't move it off the post by myself either. Fortunately the kind shuttle bus driver and another nice bloke helped me with that so the post didn't do any more damage as I was extricating myself from the mess.

Sadly, it's not just the front passenger door either. A tiny two inch ding in the side sliding door as well will mean it's not going to be a cheap fix by the time they replace everything. I asked Chris if he thought we might get a "frequent crasher" discount. I don't think he found it funny.

Fingers crossed they can get it fixed up in the school holidays when we're not doing very much. Thankful to God that we have another car so we can still get around (albeit with limited numbers) while it's off the road...again.

Darn those posts. I'm starting to wonder whether I need to limit driving the van to very familiar places and routes so I don't crash into anything else.




1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh my sympathy! Yesterday I managed to lose a work key that would cost a couple of grand to replace. Thankfully it was found (after much drama). But isn't it so easy to make a simple error and end up in a pickle?! And frustrating!!!