Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DVD reviews

As mentioned in a previous entry, I watched some DVDs over the weekend. Here are my reviews.

The Time Traveller's Wife: Insipid and superficial compared to the book. Although I didn't enjoy the book hugely either, despite many positive reviews from friends. When I was talking about it with Chris wondering if I'd missed something, he told me it's because I don't cope with supernatural stuff very well. I think he might be right.

Blessed: Australian movie, full of the usual urban angst which seems to be emerging as one of the main Australian film genres (and incidentally, also seems to be the way to get positive reviews on The Movie Show). It was about relationships between mothers and their (for the most part) wayward children. Deeper than the other one, but I had trouble identifying with any of the multiple characters in it...there were so many I found it hard to keep track.

I don't watch movies very often, but when I do I like it to be worth the effort of staying awake (I have been known to fall asleep in cinemas, much to Chris' embarrassment...)

No comments: