Tuesday, September 20, 2011

If you missed John Piper in Brisbane


I didn't make it, but here is the music team at his talk a few weeks ago. Kind of cool to hear what can be done with minimal instrumentation and great vocalists.

The singer in the green dress (Sarah) has been to our church a couple of times when their family has been on holidays here. I was playing the piano both times, but if I hadn't been, I think it would have been great to be standing somewhere near her in the congregation. She has an amazing voice.

John Piper's talk is also up on YouTube if you didn't get there. Find it here. It's excellent.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I knew Sarah when she was a high schooler. I went to her father's church (he was the pastor) throughout uni. As a poor college student I had a standing invitation to their house for lunch on Sunday. But I haven't seen her for ages.