Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My brain feels mushy

Like it's lost all previous ability to think about anything.

For the past few days I have been going through work-related stuff that has been sitting in little piles in my bedroom waiting to be sorted out. In some cases, it's been sitting there since before Rosie was born. A bit scary.

I thought it would be good to go through it while I have a bit of time to read it and decide what I need to keep and what needs to be binned. And I also thought it would be handy to do this since it's possible that I might have to do a job interview sometime in the next few weeks. Keeping my head in a bit of workspace, essentially.

It all sounds great in theory, but it's not working too well in practice. Ability to think and process information seems to have disappeared somewhere in the last few weeks.

But I am persevering. This afternoon I ploughed through the Queensland Health Child Development Services Action Plan 2011-2013. Exciting stuff. And tomorrow's task is tackling peer supervision techniques. I need those for Friday. I'm hoping to set up a peer supervision group at work that I can continue to access while I'm on maternity leave so my ability to think doesn't completely desert me.

Unfortunately, the other thing that goes with brain mushiness is limited ideas for blog posts. So if you see a few too many YouTube videos on here for the next little while, that is why.


No comments: