Friday, October 28, 2011

Snappis

For those unfamiliar with these, Snappis are used to fasten cloth nappies.

A lot of modern cloth nappies come with snaps or some other kind of fastener already sewn in. I have a few newer ones that I bought when I had Rosie, but lots of my cloth nappies are older ones since I've had them since the boys were babies. The old ones are fitted nappies but need the Snappi to hold them closed.

In the past I've always been able to find Snappis at the supermarket in the baby aisle. We recently lost one of Rosie's so I asked Chris to look at the shops for another one when he was picking up milk on the way home from work a couple of days ago. He came back with a pink one and said it was the very last one in the shop.

So then I thought I should probably buy a few more since we'll need them for the new baby. So yesterday I went out and checked most of our other local supermarkets and a couple of chemists as well. No luck. I guess the demand for these isn't as big as it used to be.

Thank goodness for eBay. I came home exhausted after the shopping trip and looked online. Found someone selling them in packs of six, and for the first time I discovered they actually come in two different sizes (birth to 18 months, and 18 months upwards). $16 for a pack of 3 small and 3 larger sized ones. I like the bright coloured ones in the picture, especially the purple and lilac ones, but the ones I'm getting are mint, yellow and white...I think. They are advertised as "unisex" colours anyway.

And they will be in the post today. Hooray for online shopping.

No comments: