Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Reading to the kids...

When I went to the library a couple of weeks ago, Chris asked me to grab something that he could read aloud to the boys. This was what I literally grabbed (it was lying on a shelf in the wrong place) as the library was five minutes away from closing...up until then I had forgotten to do it and was busy looking for books for me....


For a random library find, it's been quite good. It has the stories (in an abridged kid-friendly format) of several of Shakespeare's more well-known plays. And at the back it lists all of his plays, the main characters in them, and a brief summary of the plot.

So far, Aidan has liked Macbeth the best. Liam enjoyed Romeo and Juliet. He previously read a shortened version of Henry V that he found in the school library and liked that too.

I'm planning to read it when Chris has finished reading it with the boys. I haven't read any Shakespeare since I finished Year 12. We read Hamlet in Year 12 and A Midsummer Night's Dream in Year 10. Wondering which of the others would be worth reading in full.

No comments: