Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Deb wrote a great post about being angry with your kids

Read it here.

I feel like this. Often. But I love the way she points out that dealing with this issue isn't about us becoming a more competent parent. It's about acknowledging our dependence on God:

"I am dismayed when I think of the stupidity of my anger and temper. But the solution is not going to come from me. I thank God that I’ve found a source of grace that covers all my failings. In the end, I want my patience to come not from me becoming a stronger and more competent person because the truth is that is always going to be a shallow pool from which to draw. I want instead to become a much more dependent person, drawing whenever I need it from the ocean that is God’s grace and patience. Then I’ll never run dry."

No comments: