Sunday, July 8, 2012

When the blogosphere and the real world intersect

Yesterday I was really excited to meet Wendy in person for the very first time. You can check out her blog about missionary life in Japan here. She is here in Australia at the moment with her family, as they are doing a little bit of work connecting with their supporting churches, and also having some rest and relaxation time exploring central Australia in a motor home. Our family met up with them at a group picnic event, where we also met some of their other friends (including some other bloggers!).

I was a little bit nervous beforehand, to be honest. But it was a lovely time spent chatting and getting to know a bunch of new people. It's a bit strange meeting people face to face for the first time, but feeling like you already know them so well after having read their blogs for ages. So the initial nervousness wore off very quickly, which was great.

So thanks to all for a great day yesterday. Lovely to finally meet you Wendy, and to meet Mel, Sandy, Mrs Q as well!

Have I mentioned before how much I love blogging? So many new friends out there to be made.


3 comments:

Wendy said...

I thought you might be nervous. I'm glad that you had a good time. Making new friends is a grand thing!

Sarah said...

Oh wow, I didn't realise you hadn't actually met Wendy yet. It is a bit nerve-wracking, hey. But I've now met two fellow bloggers face-to-face and one of them is now a very good friend of mine. I would love to go to a blogging conference and meet everyone.

SandyJ said...

It was good to meet you too Karen :-)