Friday, June 15, 2012

Play School concert


I thought perhaps after yesterday's pity party, that some positive input to the blog was required. Here it is.

Amongst the craziness that was yesterday, I took the little kids to the Play School concert that was on at our local civic centre. A big day out for many local parents and toddlers. I bumped into some other ladies I knew from church there, so we all sat together, and I saw somebody on the other side of the room that I have been a little bit slack at maintaining contact with, so seeing her prompted me to send a text to see how she is going.

It was great fun. I went to one years ago when the big boys were a similar age. I enjoyed this one a lot more. Maybe because the venue was half an hour closer to home. Short travel time makes a big difference when you are transporting babies and toddlers. But the singing was good too. I like the way they sing songs that most adults and toddlers know and that the little people can sing or dance along to. Rowan had a great time with "Row, row, row your boat" and then got a bit sooky but eventually he managed to put himself to sleep despite the noise around him.

Alex and Abi (pictured above, picture from here) were the presenters yesterday. I think Alex is quite nice to look at. Maybe that's a hangover from the days back in the 80s when he was the resident heart-throb on Home and Away, which I watched for a short period when it was about foster kids being given a loving home with Tom and Pippa.

Hope I'll have another chance to go to one of these concerts before my little kids get too big. I think it's a ritual that all parents should have the chance to enjoy.

1 comment:

Bec said...

I am hoping to go to The Wiggles before they all change over, with my 10,8 and 1 year old kids in the summer. We (the "big kids" and I) have seen them 3 times in the past. I hope the little one can enjoy them too! Kiddie concerts are great. I hope the 10 year old is up for it. He was an obsessed fan at about 3.