Thursday, January 19, 2012

Said yes to the job

It's only a few hours a week. How hard could that be? (Might need to be reminded of that in a few months if I'm in here whingeing about it later....).

If I feed Rowan before I go, he should be okay for a couple of hours without me.

I'm glad I have a very helpful and supportive husband. He told me I should definitely do it and he will rearrange his work hours so I can fit it in.

I'm thankful to God for this opportunity for a few extra dollars as well. It will be nice to have a bit of pocket money for things like supporting missions, continuing the kids' music lessons and a few other extras without feeling too stretched. I like to feel that I can help out financially and continue to use my brain a little bit!

5 comments:

One for a wish.. said...

Congrats! Hopefully you'll enjoy the couple of hours to think of other things besides kids and hopefully it will lead to great things (once the kids are older?)

Sarah said...

Congrats Karen! Fantastic that you have such a supportive husband. Hope it all works out well for you.

Helen said...

I love working a couple of hours a week - I went back when LJ was about Rowan's age. Love ot hear your experience - CQuni is starting a Speech degree this year, but it's at Rocky.

Jenny said...

Good on you Karen. I think you'll enjoy it. Especially since you are leaving your kids at home-don't have the whole childcare angst. Sounds like a great entry point into a manageable working life.

Karen said...

Thanks all, I'm looking forward to it (I think!?). The best bit is not having to worry about care for Rowan while he is still so little. And it is nice to think about other things for a few hours each week. This job is also much closer to home than my other one, so it is only a ten minute commute to get there.

Lots of reasons to give it a go to see if this is something I want to do more of...