Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nine days and counting....

....without a poo. From Rowan, that is.

I know it's normal for breastfed babies to go this long between poos. Rosie was like this too (but she was a bit of a shock to the system because the boys were the baby type that poo at just about every nappy change). And he's growing fine and gaining weight so I'm not worried he's not getting enough nutrition.

But while it's nice to have most nappy changes requiring relatively little clean up, the arrival of the infrequent poo is a very different story. The nappy rarely copes with the volume produced so we end up with mess over the nappy, the cover, and whatever he happens to be sitting or lying on at the time.

And I get a bit nervous taking him out with me when I think the poo could be on its way because if I'm holding him, I'll end up covered in it as well.

Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday is the day. We don't have much planned except for swimming squad and the school swimming carnival on Tuesday evening. Getting it done around those events would be greatly appreciated...


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha!

The things that now amuse me!

Karen said...

Hello there! Hope everything is going well with little Zoe, it was good to see your blog post over the weekend :)

Yes, not so amusing when the poo is everywhere though! But other than that he is a fantastic little baby, and we are definitely emerging from those first few months of newborn fog now that we are getting some sleep!

Wendy said...

I'd be taking spare clothes for yourself for the next few days! Just pack a little bag and leave it in the car.