Thursday, February 9, 2012

Observations during grocery shopping

Our local Woolworths has had new trolleys for the past few weeks. All new and clean, complete with coffee cup, baguette and flower holders. Sadly, every one of them I've tried has shown absolutely no improvement in steering control compared with the old ones. What a disappointment.

On the up side, I think I've mentioned before in here that I quite like grocery shopping at night. The night shopping crowd seem a bit more laid back than the daytime shoppers. There's no trolley push and shove, even though when the shop is about to close up for the night everyone arrives simultaneously at the single check-out that's open. And the staff then manage to actually appear helpful as they open another one to help get the last minute rush of customers out the door.

Tonight I shared a moment of camaraderie with the elderly lady in front of me in the check-out queue. She complimented me on my choice of Streets Mini-Magnum iceblocks (on special this week). I said to her that I like to tell myself they're healthier than the big ones just because they're a smaller size. She said she tells herself the same thing. A real meeting of minds. Then she went a step further and said she likes to bite through the top of the chocolate shell and dip the icecream section into crushed macadamia nuts.

That sounded pretty good. So now you know what I'm about to try for dessert....

No comments: