Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chris is braving IKEA today

He is getting a few Christmas presents. I didn't go with him because it's a wet day, I would have had to find somewhere quiet to feed Rowan (difficult in IKEA, I believe) and, probably most importantly, I would have been tempted to buy a whole lot of things that we don't actually need.

So he just called to say how much he hates the IKEA experience. We don't go there very often so he was also confused about where to actually pick up the flat packed version of what he is buying. Having to walk one way through the shop is a pain in the neck. He's annoyed that the size of the item we are getting seems very small for the price we are paying for it.

It sounded chaotic in the background. Lots of toddler-ish sounding screeching (a mixture of happy and sad) and mothers chatting and giggling.

I told him to just get the things we want and then get out as quickly as possible. But I think that might be easier said than done.

No comments: