Thursday, December 29, 2011

Holiday reading....


...school stories from the early 1900s written by an author called Angela Brazil. I remember reading some of her short stories in Girls' Annuals at my grandmother's house when I visited her at Christmas time when I was a little girl.

So I (well Chris, actually) downloaded 24 of her books free to my new e-reader from Project Gutenberg.

This morning I had to have another two hour glucose tolerance test to make sure that my gestational diabetes has gone away. I booked it for today so I wouldn't have to take any of the kids with me, because Chris has the week off work. I spent the entire waiting time reading school stories on the e-reader. The screen froze a couple of times. I'm hoping that's just a teething issue and that it will improve in performance. Or, alternatively, that I will become more skilled at restarting it when this happens.


No comments: